Saturday, August 25, 2012

Lubin vs Mechanical Bull

On holiday (again) in Brighton. I saw a mechanical bull at the end of Brighton Pier and thought I'd have a go of it. I've always wanted to try one, and thought - how hard can it be - you just hold on. The teenage boy before me had only managed 8 seconds. Clearly no backbone. So I climbed on.


But the rules stated that you were only allowed to hold on with one hand, and you couldn't hold the bull's horns. And the saddle you sat in was made of some sort of shiny, slippy plastic. And that made it a lot more difficult.


I tried three times and the most I managed was five seconds.


1 comment:

The Guyliner said...

I wouldn't beat yourself up about it too much. I once suffered the huge indignity of trying to get on a mechanical bull, slipping out of the seat and falling off (banging my chin) BEFORE it had even started moving. To reiterate: it was absolutely stationary. I'll never forget the baying crowd.