Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pictures of the new house



Garden - the only bit of the property that the previous owner seemed to have any time for. We have neglected it since we moved in. The tree on the left keeps producing enormous apples, as if trying to get our attention. This is the first garden I've had in 11 years. I don't really know what to do with it.



Bathroom sink. I have a thing about big sinks (probably because my fella cleans his teeth at the same time as me and he juts his elbow out at right angles.)



Living room. There is literally my blood, sweat and tears mixed in with the paint.



Kitchen work surface and drawers. My mother pronounced this to be an "interesting" work top, which means she wouldn't have chosen it for herself.



Front view. It's a castle. Unfortunately, you can only get to see inside if you do some shop-lifting.



Drinks trolley. I don't know how that got in there.

6 comments:

mike said...

Those kitchen units are MFI, aren't they? We've got the same. How lovely!

bustmere said...

nice gaff.
www.zerolubin.org

Old Cheeser said...

Very nice kitchen drawers! And quirky lounge style.

I have a friend who actually used to live just round the corner from you - very close to the castle!!

Lubin said...

@Mike - they're Wickes - but I think they're probably standard everywhere these days. I think it was called the Manhattan range, which is a bit silly.

@Old Cheeser - oh dear, quirky wasn't exactly the look we were going for. Maybe we have a different understanding of the word. For me it would mean something like http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eep92c83T90/SVpS_Mqc5OI/AAAAAAAACoM/F9u2V5PfJfU/s400/quirky2.jpg

The Sagittarian said...

I love that drinks trolley! We bought an old cocktail cabinet, fold out bits and mirrors but I think I like your trolley better!

Flaming Nora said...

Really nice place. The garden's perfect sized for either doing nothing or everything.