Friday, November 28, 2008

Lubin Odana = Ken Barlow

I've been online for about 15 years now, and sometimes get quite surprised if I come across something I wrote a long time ago and is still floating around. It's kind of a shock to see how the preoccupations you had are now things you have little interest in, or would be embarrassed to admit to. This blog used to be called Trash Addict. I don't think that really applies any more. While I can still enjoy Switchblade Sisters or Faster Pussycat Kill Kill, it's not something that I'd define myself by any more. Camp has been phased out, and in its place is... Current Affairs. I've been secretly getting The Economist delivered for a few months now. And I like it. I read sensible websites like the BBC news, Pink News and Towleroad. I've stopped watching Ugly Betty and Desperate Housewives because they get on my nerves. I'm turning into Ken Barlow.



And I'm actually wearing exactly the same jumper as he is in that picture.

2 comments:

Fin De Fichier said...

"Camp has been phased out, and in its place is... Current Affairs"

have a gander at this flickr page when you want to go back:

http://flickr.com/photos/superbomba/

Flaming Nora said...

As long as you don't settle into mid-life mediocrity in the same way that Ken has done (and burned his novel in the process...)