Friday, January 11, 2008

In Cambodia



It feels like I've been out of the UK for ages. The last leg of my holiday is at Siem Reap in Cambodia, famous for the World Heritage Site of Ankor Wat which has transformed the region into a beautiful tourist resort. Ankor Wat is a series of massive, intricately designed and breath-taking temples, some overgrown with hundreds of years old trees - it's where Angelina Jolie filmed Tomb Raider - she's had a good relationship with the region ever since and I can see why.

I have stuffed myself on hotel buffet food for two nights in a row and am now paying the price. I also have sunburn and a big mosquito bite by my eye. And I think I was woken up by a lizard crawling over my face last night. Still, I'm not really looking forward to exchanging all this heat and sunshine for British winter.

No comments: