Wednesday, October 10, 2007

My heart just skipped a beat

According to a message I received from someone I've never met, I am the "spitting image of Nick Berry from tv's Eastenders and Heartbeat".



It's not exactly the look I was going for.



Nick Berry is a perennial of comfy Sunday evening ITV 'dramas', usually set in a 1950s/early 1960s rural Britain that never really existed in the first place.



These dramas are designed to soothe the nation into a doped up state of uncritical compliance so that we do not get too depressed thinking about having to go back to work after the weekend and start beheading the ruling class.



Nick Berry is therefore a tool of propaganda. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't really exist but was instead a holographic composite, comprising of years of scientific research.



Needless to say, I am overjoyed.

5 comments:

Fin De Fichier said...

I don't look like Tom Hanks, but I sort of think the same things about him. If I did look like him, I'd have to have a major transformation a la Ruth in Lives and Loves of a She Devil.

Old Cheeser said...

Actually there IS a resemblance between "Wicksy" and you!

Are you twins separated at birth?

matty said...

Actually, you two do look a bit similar. Tho, you look more like a star.

i don't know.

I don't mind it so much when I'm used as a tool -- as long as I get dinner and a kiss.

Dessie said...

Holy shit, now you mention it...

mike said...

Well, you don't have his chin.

Other than that, though... :-)