Monday, May 07, 2007

5 games I'm addicted to

How do you use your internet? I have my laptop perched on the arm of my sofa. It's on all day and even if I'm on the phone or watching tv, I'm usually on the PC as well, reading blogs, checking emails or playing games. The games especially help me relax (and they're good for your brain.) Here are my five favourites (turn the sound off first - they all have pretty annoying sound effects).

Splashback



Make blobs grow and then they'll explode and set off chain reactions making other blobs explode too. They object is to clear the board. There are various strategies to adopt and everyone I know who plays this swears by their own unique way of playing. I used to be able get to level 25, but I seem to be getting worse at this.

Scary Squirrel World



Deceptively easy. Just click on coloured groups and they vanish. The object is to get rid of all the blocks. I've got it down to 1 left before - but it's fiendishly difficult and requires a lot of planning ahead. The multi-coloured squirrels give me a headache and make me nausous eventually - this is one you can play while on the phone.

Zoo Keeper



Frenetic and fast-paced, this is a version of "Bejewelled", but far cuter. You have to swap over adjacent animal heads in order to make matching rows of three, which then vanish. The animal faces look a bit freaked out when you get a matching row. You have to think on your feet with this on as you're playing against the clock. I usually get a bit panicked, especially as my time runs out and the board starts flashing and wobbling. I can only get to level 6 - I'm better at the ones where you have time to think.

Shangahi Dynasty




Click on matching symbols and they vanish, revealing more symbols underneath. I find it really difficult to tell all the symbols apart from each other so I'm usually really slow at this.

Alchemy



Place coloured symbols on a board - the only rule is that adjacent symbols must be the same colour or the same shape. When you get a line or row, the symbols vanish. You have to clear the whole board without running out of moves. It gets more complicated on later levels. There's a knack to it - I've been playing this almost non-stop for the past week and can only get to level 6.

5 comments:

Dessie said...

http://www.gamesforthebrain.com/

Tom said...

Damn you for getting me hooked on more games

Apple Smith said...

Thank you! I have to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this site.I really hope to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own website now !
unblocked games
friv4school |
friv 4 school
unblocked games | unblockedgames
tetris games
monster high games

hoa huy said...

Big Farm

Big Farm is an awesome multiplayer farm management game made by the Goodgame Studios.
Your mission is simple: Create a big farm, grow crops, breed animals,
and become the richest farmer of the universe. Enjoy Goodgame's Big Farm!

Friv4 Games Online said...

We experience more than happy about that. You should also consider their finest game titles with our free currently to find the sense of exciting that brings.
happy wheels game | friv4 | happy wheels | games for girls | games girls | happy wheels unblocked