Sunday, December 24, 2006

People will talk...

A short post because I am in Liverpool today, in preparation for visiting family. I
have visited a red squirrel sanctuary (sadly no squirrels were out today, but I did see a fox instead), and went to a massive Waitrose (my favorite shop) for lunch. I also went to this exhibition, which I had a hand in creating, so it was quite nice to see the pay-off.

Anyway, wishing my fellow bloggers and the readers of this one a Happy Christmas and
Wonderful Things for 2007. You are my among my favourite people.

Here's a clip of Divine David, giving a make-up masterclass. As it's the time
of year for Christmas parties, his tips should come in particularly handy for us all.



David killed off his "Divine" persona a few years ago. I miss him. In a previous web persona, I used to be in regular contact with Count Lovely and Spike who maintained his website, and I always suspected that they were the Divine David as they had far too much of a Davidesque sense of humour to be mere fans. However, they too vanished from the internet eventually. Where are they now?

4 comments:

matty said...

Wow! That looks like a great exhibit! Excellent work! Wish I could see it!

Hope you guys have an incredible and happy Christmas!

kisses and hugs from GayTown,
matty

digital_jay said...

Happy Xmas Lubin, have fun visiting the family and if I don't speak to you before then have a good New Year's Eve

Old Cheeser said...

Erm ... that's a very ... unusual approach to doing one's make-up. It's given me SO many ideas for going out on New Year's Eve ...

Yes the Liverpool exhibition looks intriguing and an interesting choice of topic. Wish I could see it but it's rather too far to travel ...

Hope you had an excellent Xmas, Lubin and a very Happy New Year to you, too!!

OC x

thomas said...

The Divine David is back in action - do you know that? He's calling himself David Hoyle these days but really he's back and already returned to the Vauxhall Tavern for a season of inspired themed evenings called "Magazine". I missed him too...

http://www.duckie.co.uk/generic.asp?id=60