Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Guns and people

I've often thought that the following phrase, used by the gun lobby

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people"

is the most stupid example of false logic and irrelevant argument that I've ever read.

Even the cretinous "God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve" doesn't come anywhere close. My response to that one is always "God doesn't exist, you bitch!"

But I do hope that the NRA and all its supporters are happy about this latest in a never-ending catalogue of examples of guns not killing people.

To respond to the dumb aphorism with a similar sound-bite: Let's not outlaw guns, let's outlaw people having guns. There's lots of things you can criticise Britain about, but at least after Dunblaine we figured that particular no-brainer out.

2 comments:

Tom SF said...

I'm not in favour of a total gun ban. I think sporting handguns should be legal - as long as they do not ever leave the gunclubs.

Anyhow, any fule know, guns don't kill people, rappers do. Or rabbits do as well, depending on who you listen to.

This story sounds like it might be of interest to you:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/city/collin/frisco/stories/DN-nakedcomplaint_24cco.ART0.North.Edition1.3e87f61.html

Lubin said...

Political posts'll always get me into trouble!