Friday, May 05, 2006

My Dad, who has never had a job interview in his life, wants a career change at 58. He has been a bus driver for most of his adult life, and is now finding the work difficult - repetitive strain injury on his leg. Anyway, he applied for a job as a caretaker at a school near his house and got an interview. His strategy was to "be himself", which we all, rather cruelly, concluded would mean he wouldn't stand a chance. Anyway, he's phoned to say he got the job. So I am eating my words, metaphorically speaking.

But I've had some work success today too - I got promoted to senior lecturer. I guess that means I can never have blonde highlights put in my hair again and will have to start wearing corduroy.

8 comments:

matty said...

Yay! Congrats! Do you and your fella ever play naughty student?????

Lost Boy said...

Congratulations Lubin. Corduroy's cool again anyway so you can be both professional and 'hip'.

Dessie said...

Oh my god Matt, the award for inappropriate comment of the day goes to... you! But while he has asked it any Lube, do you...?

matty said...

Dessie -- I think Lubin is opting to ignore my inappropriate question. Hate it when that happens. I'm soon off for my second date with this guy who thought I was 30. God bless him. I doubt we will be playing naughty student. ...yet.

Lubin said...

I'd never ignore you Matt. But I'd rather answer your question in person :)

Dessie said...

My word, I'm surrounded by sluts :(

So Matt, your date is with Lubin? And you thought he thought he was 30? I'm detecting an awful subtext here.

Reluctant Nomad said...

Congratulations to both of you. And if you're dispensing with the highlights for sensible corduroy, that can't be too much of a bad thing! :-)

matty said...

...you know, I've really put some thought into this. I am not a slut.

I am just proactive.