Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Blue Movie



I saw Into the Blue last night, which should have really been titled "Let's look at Paul Walker's abs for 2 hours". It is all beautifully filmed, but I should have suspected the worst when I read the dread cliche phrase "The hunters become the hunted" on the back of the DVD box. There is a nice but poor couple, but they fall in with a somewhat amoral couple (we know they are bad because she is too tall and he is too short). Then, while diving they all find a crashed plane full of cocaine (which the dealers had thoughtfully wrapped up very carefully so it wouldn't get wet). The nice couple decide that Drugs are Wrong, so they leave it alone. Then they find an actual shipwreck, full of potential buried treasure. But they need £30,000 for some reason to get the equipment to dig it up. So do they go back to the cocaine and try and sell it to raise the funds? What a very 21st century moral dilemma. I'm sure I saw the Times cover it in their "modern morals" section last week. Needless to say, the hunters become the hunted. I'm sure Paul Walker and his abs could have made £30,000 in a couple of hours if he'd known the right bars to hang out in... Calling Brad Pitt, come in Brad Pitt, your time is up.

1 comment:

matty said...

...I've been hearing my co-workers talk about this movie non-stop for the past 2 weeks. I guess I will have to see it. However, I think we just purchased it to show on the monitors as Madonna blares all the day long.

Never thought I would say this, but I think I am getting a bit tired of Madonna. However, it will be cool to see BROKEBACK come off the monitors. ...we've been showing that for over a month now. Oy!