Monday, March 27, 2006

Further adventures in Second Life

Well, my avatar is the proud owner of a penis. And I also bought him some chest hair while I was shopping. He is very pleased. SL is somewhat addictive, although ultimately I'm not sure what the point of it is. A lot of the gay avatars I met have huge pumped-up gym bodies, although some don't, and I'm interested in how people choose what to look like when they can basically look like anything. I kept asking people if they looked like their avatars and a common response was "yes, but I improved on a few things..." So here's me. And yes, I improved on a few things.



With that said, cat-people and aliens seem to be quite common and some people go out of their way to look as freakish as possible. I ended up being befriended by this guy who'd been on SL for a couple of years and had a little business going designing homes for people within the game. In real life he was an 18 year old who worked in a supermarket and was hoping to get a job in admin. But in SL he is wealthy and socially powerful, while I'm a penniless nobody (not that I'm a millionaire socialite or anything in real life, but I'm not badly off either.)

So he took me to his home and then out on a lake for a sail on his boat. I felt so grateful and it was kind of romantic in a weird way. I think I am going to base my avatar's character on a male version of Tanya Turner in Footballer's Wives. I have no ability to design houses to make money, so I'll just have to find me a wealthy avatar to look after me, so I can live a life of luxury. Maybe spending all my money on chest hair wasn't such a bad idea after all.

11 comments:

Reluctant Nomad said...

This sounds like great fun - I know what I'll be looking into when I get home this evening!

And, if I get addicted, you will be cursed!

GayProf said...

It sounds like fun -- but I am glad that we don't have to buy our penis in real life. I am soooo broke right now.

matty said...

I had to buy my penis once. It wasn't as cheap as they say.

Rob7534 said...

You are beyond help at this point! Chest hair, and a shiny new penis?

By the way, when can we see it?

Dessie said...

Surely they could have done something with the graphics though? Did 1992 happen again while I was asleep?

PoetX said...

Have you had the chance to use your brand new penis yet ?

Dessie said...

Confession time - I joined SL to see what it was like. You can't put the penis in the right place...?!!

At least it was free ;)

Lubin said...

What's your SL name Dessie? We could go and hang out at sleazy SL bars or something.

Dessie said...

Je suis Destyn Copeland (spiffy multi-millionaire name or what!), and I reside normally at the Blue Boy Bar (of course).

PM me at the weekend or something and we'll see what's shaking!

Dessie said...

Did you try and send me something? I got a mail saying I had been sent a package, but after I did the update and logged in, there was nothing there. I stayed to play Mah Jongg but then the server crashed :(

loans for people with bad credit said...

Scheme Select holiday loans for bad credit loans' depends on you and you do not have to walk anywhere. You will only be asked to compare the different lenders and choose the perfect bad credit loans system for you. It is one of the best credit offers for people to enjoy free money, if they are short of financial and dream of visiting their own city with their families.