Thursday, November 24, 2005



I haven't really been following The X Factor much, but I happened to catch Chico's performance last week - he took the rather risky strategy of performing his own song "It's Chico Time". Simon Cowell described it as horrifically brilliant or something like that. And he was right. I love Chico. He's so cheesy, he could be in a 1950s variety show. His performance also included a complex dance routine involving tricky leg stands, lots of children, and for some reason there was a huge picture of Chico on an electronic screen in the background which had two clock hands whizzing round and round - just so we could LITERALLY see it was Chico Time. It was a masterpiece of showmanship. Look at that last picture - the kids have their mouths wide open like they can hardly believe it either. And Chico is standing there like The Terminator of Pop Music. Terrific.





5 comments:

goldenlad said...

This is definately "Chico Time" http://skinindex.com/archives/chico23gk.php

Lubin said...

Oh dear. Well, at least he's lost that hairstyle. And he seems to be enjoying himself at least.

matty said...

I wish I could have seen this show. I fear I do not even know who Chico is! wahhh!!!!

PoetX said...

No, no, no this man is pure pop evilness in the making and last weeks debacle had all the elements that make up, unfortuantely, a christmas No.1 in the British Charts.

Did we learn nothing from The Cheeky Girls ?

DazPaz said...

A Chico/Cheeky Girls Christmas collaboration sounds like a winner to me.