Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Are you ready to Boogie?

I have been watching a lot of children's tv this year, babysitting my 2 year old nephew who is addicted to Thomas the Tank Engine. He insists on having a roll-call of all the different trains at the end of each series and gets an old glazed look in his eyes when the music starts playing. With the invention of the CBeebies Channel, he can have kids tv 24/7, which even I think is a bit excessive. I remember my own childhood in the 70s, when you got half an hour of telly at lunchtime (Pipkins and Rainbow), followed by Bod or Fingermouse at 1:30, and then a couple of hours from 4-6 (The Red Hand Gang, Grange Hill, John Craven's Newsround and Animal Magic - presented at Bristol Zoo which is only 10 minutes from where I now live, oddly enough). Anyway, children's tv has come a loooong way since then. Gone are the gentle, quiet programmes like Fingermouse, and instead the tv is a whirling mass of primary colours, noise and jumping up and down. No wonder children nowadays are hyperactive. Don't blame the e-numbers, it's the tv.

One such in-yer-face show is called Boogie Beebies. It encourages children to dance (which I suppose may help counter obesity or something). But it recreates what it must be like to be in the head of someone who is experiencing a "K-hole" (I'm sure my "circuit" readers know what I'm talking about), with a weird psychedelic, every-changing background and two up-for-it presenters who must have worms because they can't sit still for a minute.

Actually, one of them (the fella) is rather pretty, in a laddish, masculine, Mockney sort of way. He has a slight bald patch starting (which is often visible when he bends over, when he is emulating a giraffe or a digger or something, which is often), and his t-shirts are too tight. I'm sure all his mates mock him terribly down at the pub, but he doesn't care, because he's the Alpha-male anyway, and he has aspirations to play Iago, or put on his one-man show of soliquys, if only he can get Kevin Spacey to return his calls. Anyway, here are some pics. Hot or Not? Kevin doesn't know what he's missing!



4 comments:

matty said...

He's hot!

comatose said...

oh I quite fancy him too! Have you heard about all that new research saying that ANY tv viewing by kids under 3 causes retarded development of language etc (compared to kids who watch none)? I've seen the Teletubbies producer on several shows trying insisting that it's all about "qualidee" when in fact the research says that has nothing to do with it....

http://komosa.brinkster.net/comatoseblog/

PoetX said...

You people are too easily pleased. ;P

Give me Tim Vincent in his early days !!

Reynard said...

This won't work in reality, that is what I suppose.
Tweezerman - Zwilling Home Ear Nose Hair Trimmer (Stainless Steel) - Beauty | Hobo - Lucille (Leaf Vintage Leather) - Bags and Luggage | Clarks - Cory (Blue/Grey) - Footwear