Monday, December 13, 2004

Spaghetti Western Addict



I'm so happy because I have discovered another thing that I like. I caught the last 10 minutes of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly the other night and was impressed at the camp music, the starkly beautiful vistas, the tense facial close-ups, the cool masculinity and the clever three-way end-game.

Having now obtained and watched the whole film (all three hours of it), I have now fallen in love with the whole genre. And Clint Eastwood. Clint Eastwood stroking a kitten! Clint Eastwood offering a cigarette to a dying Brad Pitt lookalike! Clint Eastwood striding around in a poncho! It's one of the most homoerotic films I've ever seen. (Off-side, Clint reminds me a lot of cowboy Colby from Survivor 2, who is rumoured to be in his own homoerotic relationship with host Jeff Probst. I wish I could believe it).

My Dad also likes Spaghetti Westerns, although probably for quite different reasons. Still, at least this gives us something extra to talk about over Christmas.

No comments: