Friday, October 08, 2004



I am becoming dangerously obsessed with Kit in "The L Word which is showing on Living TV (also the channel of The Golden Girls, Will & Grace and Queer Eye for the Straight Guy - you'd kind of bet that it'd snap the L Word up). A recovering alcoholic, Kit's life is like a re-enactment of the lyrics to that 1970s wacca-wacca hit "Home is Where the Hatred Is" (kick it! quit it! kick it! quit it!). She's also played by Pam Grier, star of many a blaxplioitation movie and all-round groovy good egg. Kit's family relationships aren't particularly good - Daddy hates her, her estranged son wrote her a letter on a post-it note (something that gets referred to every single week!) and her power-bitch sister is Jennifer Beals.

Actually, I am becoming obsessed with all the characters in the L Word. I really like (but am scared of) butch, fraggle-haired Shane. I identify with "normal", stable, settled Tina, I feel sorry for Dana's gauche attempts at courtship and I am fascinated by Alice's hairstyle and screwed-up relationship with her mother. Maybe I'm becoming a male-identifed lesbian.

1 comment:

PJ said...

not sure who i fancy the most, dana or shane. in a gay boy fancying lesbians way, of course...