Tuesday, April 15, 2003



Does anyone remember Dolly Masters, a blonde British D-movie actress who made a series of low-budget exploitation flops in the 50s and 60s - along the lines of Invasion of the Go-Go Girls and Hot Pants Harlot? I caught her on TCM the other night in the last film she ever made in the early 1970s - Love Has Not Yet Saved Us. Bloated and stoned, she tonelessly forgot her lines and had to be metaphorically "carried" by the other actors who were clearly prompting her. It was wonderful and I was instantly besotted.

I had guessed that Dolly had probably died shortly after making that film, but after a bit of research, it turns out that she's ALIVE! And just like Wil Wheaton, she has her own web site. Dolly has a new fan. I suspect I may be her only fan, but I don't care. The woman needs a comeback and all publicity is good publicity...

No comments: